PAC member Terri Zeigler collaborated with the PlymouthREADS committee and the Friends of the Plymouth Library to present author Sarah Stonich whose book Vacationland, was the PlymouthREADS selection for 2015. Following Stonich’s presentation, books could be purchased and signed by the author. With the theme of Vacationland, the PlymouthREADS committee hired local artist Harry Pulver, Jr. to create four original paintings and four laminated prints to be used to publicize the event. These originals were displayed at the Plymouth Creek Center and the Plymouth Library where there was also a display of laminated postcards created from residents’ emails.
New! – Now you can easily recommend a book for next year’s program! Just fill out our Readers Recommend form.
New! – Now you can easily sign-up to receive exclusive email notifications regarding PLYMOUTHREADS events and opportunities! Every year we choose a winner, from those on the BOOK LOVERS LIST, to receive a free copy of the current book selection. Just fill out this form.
Questions? Suggestions? Would you like to volunteer? Contact PLYMOUTHREADS at firstname.lastname@example.org
To spark conversation, find common ground, and foster learning and discovery in Plymouth by rallying readers around a single book.
- Build compassion by challenging readers to heed another’s experience
- Revive and revel in the joy of reading
- Celebrate the diverse cultures and beliefs in Plymouth
- Provide high quality, fun opportunities to come together
- Cultivate pride in Plymouth—for the City, library, businesses, organizations, and all residents
Book Selection Criteria:
- Reflects the mission and goals of PLYMOUTHREADS in an appreciable way.
- Well-written and readable,with broad appeal
- Available in multiple formats – audio, eBook, large print, etc.
- Multifaceted themes that inspire supporting events to further engage and add context
- Preference for:
- an author with a Minnesota connection
- a living author who can speak at Literary Night of Primavera, Springtime Celebration of the Arts
Vacationland by Sarah Stonich
Holiday Inn by Kevin Kling
SIX WORD MEMOIRS can now be viewed anytime online via FLICKR.
Spirit Car by Diane Wilson
Under a Flaming Sky by Daniel James Brown
Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett
Population 485 by Michael Perry